Kidsafe UK is a registered charity (1105179) established in Cumbria. The purpose of the programme is to build children’s confidence, self esteem and equip them with skills to keep themselves safe from various forms of abuse without using this term. At Fellgate Primary School our Kidsafe tutors deliver the programme with age appropriate messages taught through songs, games, puppetry and group discussions. Our Kidsafe tutors are Mrs A Hearn and Mrs K Marsh.
Each session includes a scenario involving KS in a situation that gives him yukky feelings. Children then work together with the tutors to come up with possible solutions or advice to help KS.
After each session children will take home a letter outlining what they have done in that day’s session.
Once the children have completed the five sessions they are presented with a certificate. After three months the children will have a sixth session to re-cap the main points from all five sessions.
The programme consists of 5 separate sessions:
- Keeping Safe
- Feelings (good/bad)
- Bullying (what it means and how to stop it)
- Using your voice (to say ‘NO’ in uncomfortable situations)
- Identify Trusted grown-ups
- Keeping safe online
- Age ratings (games, DVDs & TV)
- Keeping your private places safe
- Rules for keeping yourself safe
- Keeping secrets (what are good/bad secrets)
- What to do when parents/carers argue and/or split up
KS the Monkey